- Round One: -
- Round Two: -
- Round Three: -
- Finals: -
- Total: -
- Rank: -
- Percentile: -
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. SPONSOR. The 2014 STANLEY CUP BRACKET CHALLENGE (the "Promotion") is sponsored by NHL Interactive CyberEnterprises, LLC, 1185 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY, 10036 (the “Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Promotion is open only to current legal residents of the United States (including District of Columbia, but not including any US possessions) and Canada who are at least the age of majority as of the date of entry into the Promotion in their State, District or Province (as applicable) of primary residence at the time of entry (each such eligible United States or Canadian resident, as applicable, an “Entrant”). Registration is free and no purchase is necessary to participate at any time in the Promotion. The Promotion is void where prohibited by law. Employees, officers, and directors of Sports Technologies LLC, Bombardier Recreational Products Inc., the Sponsor, the National Hockey League (“NHL”) and its Member Clubs, NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P., NHL Enterprises B.V., and NHL Enterprises, L.P., and each of the foregoing entities’ affiliates, licensors and prize providers, and any other person or entity associated with the development or administration of this Promotion (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), as well as members of such employees, officers and directors’ immediate families, namely spouses, children, siblings and parents, and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter this Promotion. Legal residents of any country or jurisdiction other than the United States and Canada may participate in the Promotion but are not eligible to win any prizing.
3. TIMING. The Promotion begins immediately after all 16 playoff spots for the 2014 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs (the “Playoffs”) have been determined and all seedings have been established but in any event not later than 2:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time on April 14, 2014, and ends at the conclusion of the last game of the Playoffs (the "Promotion Period"). The Promotion Website's (as defined below) computer is the official clock for all purposes of the Promotion. Please check the Promotion Website for more information regarding the actual start and end dates and times.
4. HOW TO ENTER.
Register for an NHL.com account:
To participate in the Promotion, an Entrant must first have a registered account with www.NHL.com. It is free of charge to register for an account. If an Entrant does not already have an NHL.com account, the Entrant can register for one at the Promotion website located at www.NHL.com/bracket (the “Promotion Website”) by clicking on the “Register” link within the “Log In To NHL.com” box. Then follow the instructions to complete and submit the registration form by providing the required contact information including user name, email, country, zip/postal code, birth date, and the selection of a password. An Entrant may register at any time and may do so before the commencement of the Promotion Period, but an Entrant may not enter the Promotion until the Promotion Period begins.
Entry into the Promotion: Once an Entrant has registered for an NHL.com account (or if the Entrant already has an NHL.com account), the Entrant must create an entry name, which can be done before or during the Promotion Period. Once the Promotion Period begins, the Entrant can then participate in the Promotion (such participation together with the creation of an entry name, the “Entry”) and complete the Entry process. To participate and complete the Entry process, go to the Promotion Website and then log in to your NHL.com account. The Entrant will then arrive at a page featuring a bracket of all NHL teams that qualified for the Playoffs. The Entrant must then make predictions of teams that the Entrant believes will advance through the Playoffs by following the “How To Play” instructions below in these Official Rules. The Entrant will earn points for each correct prediction as further explained below in the “How To Play” section. The Entrant earning the most points at the end of the Promotion Period will be eligible to win the Grand Prize. The Entrant with the second highest total at the end of the Promotion Period will be eligible to win the Second Place Prize. The Entrant with the third highest total at the end of the Promotion Period will be eligible to win the Third Place Prize. All prizes eligible to be awarded are further explained below. An Entry is not deemed completed until an entry name is created and all predictions have been submitted. An Entry must be completed and submitted during the Promotion Period, but no later than the commencement of the first game of the 2014 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs (based on Eastern Daylight Savings Time). Once the Playoffs have begun, no more entries will be accepted. An incomplete entry form does not constitute a valid Entry for purposes of this Promotion and will not be accepted.
LIMIT: ONE (1) REGISTRATION AND ENTRY PER PERSON AND PER EMAIL ADDRESS DURING THE PROMOTION PERIOD. No person may enter more than once by using different email addresses and no email addresses can be used to submit more than one (1) Entry. Proof of submitting an Entry will not be deemed by Sponsor as proof of receipt or entry into the Promotion. Any attempted form of entry into the Promotion other than as described herein is void. Entries from the same person and/or email address in excess of the number stated herein will be disqualified. Any attempt by an Entrant to use multiple email accounts will result in disqualification. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents will void all Entries by that Entrant. Entries that are incomplete, garbled or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. All Entries become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and will not be acknowledged or returned.
5. HOW TO PLAY.
After an Entrant has submitted a valid Entry in accordance with these Official Rules, the Entrant may participate in the Promotion by submitting predictions as to which NHL playoff team will emerge as the winner of each playoff best-of-seven-game series (“Series”) during the Playoffs. The objective of the Promotion is to accumulate the most points by correctly selecting the “winning team” for each Series match-up during the Playoffs.
Overview of NHL Playoff Format: At the end of the 2013-2014 NHL regular season, sixteen (16) NHL teams will qualify for the Playoffs – eight (8) teams in the Eastern Conference and eight (8) teams in the Western Conference. For each conference, the top three (3) teams in each Division (there are two Divisions in each conference) with the most regular season points will qualify for the Playoffs (taking into account applicable tiebreakers for teams that are tied in overall points). In addition to these six (6) teams, two (2) additional wild-card teams in each conference with the most regular season points – regardless of division, but again taking into account applicable tiebreakers – will also qualify. The top eight (8) qualifying playoff teams in each Conference are then ranked or “seeded” #1 through #4 as follows. Each Division winner within each Conference will receive a #1 seed. The two (2) Divisions in the Eastern Conference are the Atlantic and Metropolitan Divisions; and the two (2) Divisions in the Western Conference are the Central and Pacific Divisions. After the two (2) Division winners in each Conference (each bearing a #1 seed), the second and third place teams within each Division will receive a #2 seed and #3 seed, respectively. Then the two (2) wild card teams in each Conference receive #4 seeds. So for each Conference, there will be two #1 seeds, two #2 seeds, two #3 seeds and two #4 seeds.
Once the playoff seedings have been determined, the Playoffs will begin. There are four (4) playoff rounds (each, a “Round”). In each Round, playoff teams will play against each other in a Series (i.e., best-of-seven games), with each Series matchup based on seeding as set forth herein. Each Series throughout the Playoffs will feature two NHL playoff teams playing against each other. In each Series, the first NHL team to win four (4) games against the opposing NHL team is the winning team in that Series and will advance to the next Round. The first three Rounds – the Conference Quarterfinals, Conference Semifinals, and Conference Finals - take place within each Conference to determine the Conference champion. The Eastern Conference champion will then play the Western Conference champion in the Stanley Cup Final (i.e., the fourth and final Round of the Playoffs), after which the winning team will be awarded the Stanley Cup as the champion of the 2013-2014 NHL hockey season.
In the first Round (aka the Conference Quarterfinals), the eight (8) qualifying playoff teams within each Conference play against each other in four (4) Series match-ups based on seedings as follows: two matchups featuring a #1 seed v. #4 seed; and two matchups featuring a #2 seed v. #3 seed. For example, the wild-card team with the lowest points total will play the top Division winner (the one with the highest point total in the Conference) in Round 1; and the other wild-card team will play the other Division winner. The team with the higher seed will have home-ice advantage for a particular Series. Since there are two Conferences, there are eight (8) Series in all in Round One. The winning teams in each Series in Round One will advance to Round Two (the Conference Semifinals). Since after Round One there are four (4) teams remaining in each Conference, there are two (2) Series matchups within each Conference in Round Two (and thus, four (4) in all). The winning teams in Round Two advance to Round Three (the Conference Finals), in which the two (2) remaining teams in each Conference play against each other, so there are a total of two (2) Series matchups in this Round. The winning teams in Round Three – i.e., the Eastern Conference Champion and the Western Conference Champion – advance to the Stanley Cup Final (Round Four). There is only one Series in Round Four. The winner of the Stanley Cup Final is the 2014 NHL Stanley Cup Champion.
How to Play – General Rules: An Entrant participates in the Promotion by predicting the NHL playoff teams that advance in the Playoffs (i.e., by predicting the winning team for each particular Series). For each winning team correctly selected, an Entrant will be awarded a designated amount of points (“Basic Scoring Points”), depending on which Round is in play. The later the Round, the more points an Entrant will earn for correctly picking winning teams in that Round. In addition, for Round One only, an Entrant may earn bonus points (“Bonus Points”) by correctly answering the bonus question for each Series in Round One so long as such Entrant also correctly predicts the winning team in each such Series. If an Entrant correctly answers the bonus question for a given Series but does not correctly predict the winning team for that Series, then the Entrant will not receive any Bonus Points for that Series.
The Entrant who has accumulated the most points by the end of the Stanley Cup Final (i.e., the end of the Promotion Period) is the overall winner of the Promotion and will be awarded the Grand Prize. The Entrant with the second highest score is eligible to win the Second Place Prize, and the Entrant with the third highest score is eligible to win the Third Place Prize. All prizes are described below. Ties in point totals will be governed by the tiebreaker rules set forth below. All Entrants must answer the tiebreaker question when submitting their predictions.
Make Predictions/Selections: Once a registered Entrant has logged into the Promotion Website, the Entrant will arrive at a page featuring a Playoffs bracket to make predictions for each Series in a Round of the Playoffs. Each Entrant must first submit predictions by selecting winning teams for each Series in Round One, and then Rounds Two, Three and Four in that order. An Entrant must submit his or her predictions for every Round prior to the start of Round One of the Playoffs by following the instructions on the Promotion Website. Once Round One commences (beginning with the scheduled start time of the first Playoffs game, based on Eastern Daylight Savings Time), all Playoffs brackets will be locked and no more predictions will be accepted. Each Entrant may also earn Bonus Points for each Series of Round One by correctly answering one (1) bonus question per Series. Answers to bonus questions must also be completed by the commencement of the first game of Round One of the Playoffs. All predictions and answers to bonus questions will lock at the scheduled start time of the first game of Round One.
Scoring: There are two (2) ways an Entrant can earn points during the Promotion: Basic Scoring Points and Bonus Points.
Basic Scoring: From all eligible Entries received, each potential winner will be determined based on such Entrant’s ability to use his or her skill and knowledge of NHL Hockey to accumulate the most points during the Promotion Period. An Entrant must correctly guess the winner of a Series in order to be awarded Basic Scoring Points. Basic Scoring Points per correct prediction/selection per Series in a given Round are shown below:
In the event a Series does not occur as scheduled (e.g., due to cancellation, postponement, etc.) no points will be awarded.
Bonus Points: For each Series in Round One, there will be one (1) bonus question. The bonus question for each Series in Round One is as follows: the Entrant must predict how many games will be played in that particular Series. If the Entrant correctly answers the bonus question for a given Series, such Entrant shall be awarded three (3) Bonus Points so long as such Entrant also correctly predicted the winner of that Series. By way of example, since there are eight (8) playoff Series in Round One, there are eight (8) bonus questions to be answered (one per Series). Thus, an Entrant has the opportunity to earn as much as 24 Bonus Points in Round One (by correctly answering each bonus question). If an Entrant does not correctly predict the winner of a given Series but correctly answers the bonus question for that Series, then the Entrant will not receive any Bonus Points for that Series. The Entrant is not required to submit an answer to any bonus question, but the Entrant will not receive any Bonus Points for any bonus question unanswered.
Tie Breaker: If more than one Entrant has the highest total score at the end of the Promotion, there is a tie and thus one (1) tiebreaker question will need to be answered correctly to determine the overall Grand Prize winner. Similarly, there is a tie if more than one Entrant is eligible to win either the Second Place Prize or Third Place Prize (because, for example, at least two (2) Entrants have the same score), in which case the tiebreaker question will determine the Second Place Prize and/or Third Place Prize winners, as applicable. The tiebreaker question shall be used for tiebreaking purposes only and shall serve no other purpose in connection with the Promotion. All Entrants are required to submit an answer to the tiebreaker question when submitting their picks.
Grand Prize Tie Breaker Rules: If multiple Entrants have the same highest score at the end of the Promotion, the Entrant whom correctly answers the tiebreaker question will be the Grand Prize winner, and the other Entrants will be eligible to win Second Place Prize and thereafter Third Place Prize as further set forth below. If more than one of these Entrants correctly answers the tiebreaking question, then a random drawing will be held amongst those Entrants who correctly answered the question to determine the potential Grand Prize winner. If none of these Entrants correctly answer the tiebreaking question, then the Entrant with the closest answer (either over or under) to the correct number will be deemed winner. If more than one of these Entrants have answers that are equally close to the correct answer (either over or under), then a random drawing will be held amongst all such Entrants to determine the potential Grand Prize winner.
Any remaining Entrants who tied for the highest score but who were not selected as the Grand Prize winner (i.e., lost the tiebreaker) are eligible to win the Second Place Prize. By way of example, if two Entrants tied for the highest score, the winner of the tiebreaker wins the Grand Prize and the other Entrant wins the Second Place Prize. If three or more Entrants tied for the highest score, then the winner of the tiebreaker wins the Grand Prize and the tiebreaker rules above are again applied to the remaining Entrants who tied for the highest score to determine the Second Place Prize winner. Any remaining Entrants who tied for the highest score but who were not selected as the Grand Prize winner or Second Place Prize winner are eligible to win the Third Place Prize. By way of example, if three Entrants tied for the highest score, the winner of the first tiebreaker wins the Grand Prize, the winner of the second tiebreaker wins the Second Place Prize and the remaining Entrant wins the Third Place Prize. If four or more Entrants tied for the highest score, then the winner of the first tiebreaker wins the Grand Prize, the winner of the second tiebreaker wins the Second Place Prize and the tiebreaker rules above are applied a third time to the remaining Entrants who tied for the highest score to determine the Third Place Prize winner.
Second Place Tie Breaker Rules: If, after the Grand Prize winner has been selected, there are no other Entrants who tied for the highest score but there are multiple Entrants who were tied for the second highest score, then the Entrant from that group whom correctly answers the tiebreaker question will be the potential Second Place Prize winner. If more than one of these Entrants correctly answers the tiebreaking question, then a random drawing will be held amongst those Entrants to determine the potential Second Place Prize winner. If no Entrant eligible for Second Place Prize correctly answers the tiebreaking question, then (i) the Entrant with the closest answer (either over or under) to the correct number will be deemed the potential Second Place Prize winner, and (ii) if more than one Entrant have answers that are equally close to the correct answer (either over or under), then a random drawing will be held amongst all such Entrants to determine the potential Second Place Prize winner. Entrants who tied for the second highest score but who were not selected as the Second Place Prize winner are eligible to win the Third Place Prize. By way of example, if two Entrants tied for the highest score and two Entrants tied for the second highest score, (1) the winner of the tiebreaker under the Grand Prize Tiebreaker Rules wins the Grand Prize, (2) the loser of the tiebreaker under the Grand Prize Tiebreaker Rules wins the Second Place Prize, (3) the winner of the Second Place Tiebreaker Rules wins the Second Place Prize, and (4) the loser of the Second Place Tiebreaker Rules wins the Third Place Prize.
Third Place Tie Breaker Rules: If, after the Grand Prize winner and Second Place Prize winner have been selected, there are no other Entrants who tied for the highest score or second highest score but there are multiple Entrants who were tied for the third highest score, then the Entrant from that group whom correctly answers the tiebreaker question will be the potential Third Place Prize winner. If more than one of these Entrants correctly answers the tiebreaking question, then a random drawing will be held amongst those Entrants who correctly answered the question to determine the potential Third Place Prize winner. If no Entrant eligible for Third Place Prize correctly answers the tiebreaking question, then (i) the Entrant with the closest answer (either over or under) to the correct number will be deemed the potential Third Place Prize winner, and (ii) if more than one Entrant have answers that are equally close to the correct answer (either over or under), then a random drawing will be held amongst all such Entrants to determine the potential Third Place Prize winner.
Group/League Play: In addition to participating in the Promotion on an individual basis, each Entrant may also participate in group or league play by either setting up his or her own group or by joining another group already established by another Entrant. Entrants within a particular group compete against one another by using the same picks made by such Entrants in individual play. The Entrant with the highest score within a particular group will be deemed to be the winner of that group. Participating in group or league play is only for bragging rights and Entrants will not be entitled to any prizes whatsoever on account of having the highest score in a particular group or league. An Entrant must have the highest score among all Entrants participating in the Promotion in order to win the Grand Prize, an Entrant must have the second highest score among all Entrants in order to win the Second Place Prize, and an Entrant must have the third highest score among all Entrants in order to win the Third Place Prize, in each case subject to the tie breaker rules set forth herein.
6. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES. Participation in the Promotion constitutes full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules by the Entrant.
7. SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNER. At the conclusion of the Promotion, the Entrant who accumulates the most points during the Promotion Period (and wins, as applicable, any pending tiebreaker) will be determined to be the potential Grand Prize winner for the Promotion. The Entrant with the second highest total points after the potential Grand Prize winner (factoring in any applicable tiebreakers) will be potential Second Place Prize winner. The Entrant with the third highest total points after the potential Grand Prize winner and potential Second Place Prize winner (again, factoring in any applicable tiebreakers) will be determined to be the potential Third Place Prize winner. The odds of winning depends on the number of persons participating in the contest plus the skill of each Entrant in his or her knowledge of the teams participating in the Playoffs and in selecting the choices needed to predict winning teams at various points in time during the Playoffs.
Each potential winner will be notified by email and/or telephone within approximately two (2) weeks of the end of the Promotion. If a potential winner cannot be reached after ten (10) days, if he/she is found to be ineligible, if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, if his/her prize is returned as undeliverable, and/or if he/she declines to receive the prize for whatever reason, such potential prize winner will be disqualified, and an alternate potential prize winner may be selected (at the Sponsor’s sole discretion) from all eligible Promotion Entries received.
A potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. A potential winner is not an official and confirmed winner until he/she has completed, signed and returned all required documentation, including, but not limited to, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law) and Liability Waiver (together, the “Release Forms”), and the eligibility of the potential winner has been verified. Once a potential winner has been identified and notified, such winner will be sent the Release Forms. Each potential winner must complete and return all necessary Release Forms. All Release Forms must be received within ten (10) days after the notification of winning has been sent to the potential winner. If a potential winner does not complete and return all Release Forms necessary within the time given, he/she will forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be chosen at the Sponsor’s discretion. Promotion Entities are not responsible for documents not received within the required timeframe. In the event that any potential winner is a resident of Canada, before that person is declared an actual winner that person will also be required to first correctly answer, without mechanical or other assistance, Sponsor's mathematical, skill-testing question that will form part of winner's Release Forms. All decisions of Sponsor and/or its designees shall be binding and final. For residents of the Canadian Province of Québec only, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this publicity sweepstakes may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling; any litigation respecting the awarding of the prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
One (1) Grand Prize - The Grand Prize is one (1) 2014 Can-Am Spyder RS (the “Spyder”) or US $15,000 cash, at the winner’s option. Approximate actual retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is US $15,000. The Spyder includes the following features: (i) standard features (other than semi-automatic transmission) as set forth at the following URL - http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/spyder/spyder-rs/spyder-rs/features.html; (ii) manual transmission; and (iii) available in two standard colors – black or white – or at winner’s request, in black and branded or “wrapped” in grey with the logo and colors of the winner’s favorite NHL team. The Spyder shall be delivered to the Can-Am dealership closest in geographical proximity to the winner’s residence as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, provided, that, if there is no such dealership within a 300 mile radius of winner’s residence, then the Spyder shall be delivered to winner’s residence at the Sponsor’s cost and expense. Winner is solely responsible for all applicable taxes, insurance, licensing, registration, title fees and pick-up costs. Winner may be required to show proof of insurance and a valid U.S./Canada (as the case may be) driver’s license prior to taking delivery and/or pick-up of vehicle as directed by Sponsor. Any additional vehicle options that are not standard on make and model of vehicle listed in prize description are at the sole expense of winner.
One (1) Second Place Prize – The Second Place Prize consists of (i) two (2) tickets to one game (the “Game”) of the 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Final chosen by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, with seating locations as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion; and (ii) a travel stipend of $2,000 US. Approximate ARV of the Second Place Prize is $3,000 US. Winner is solely responsible for booking all travel accommodations (e.g., airfare, hotel, etc.). All expenses and travel costs not expressly stated in the prize package description above, including but not limited to airfare, hotel/lodging, ground transportation, meals, tips, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, baggage fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, state, federal or local taxes of any kind, or other expenses are solely the responsibility of winner and winner's travel companion. Terms and conditions of Game tickets apply, and winner and traveling companion must comply with all rules and regulations of the venue in which the Game is held when attending the Game. Sponsor is not responsible if the Game is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason or if winner books the trip after the Game has been completed, in which event that portion of the prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner's travel companion must execute a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited by law) in order to accompany winner to the Game. In the event that winner's travel companion is under the age of majority in his/her legal state or province of residence, the liability/publicity release must be executed by such minor's parent or legal guardian on the minor’s behalf.
One (1) Third Place Prize - Third Place Prize is a US $250 gift certificate to Shop.NHL.com, if the Third Place Prize winner is a US or District of Columbia resident, or a CAN $250 gift certificate to Shop.Canada.NHL.com, if the Third Place Prize winner is a Canadian resident. ARV is approximately US $250.
The total ARV of all prizes is approximately US $18,250.
Terms and conditions of Shop.NHL.com and Shop.Canada.NHL.com gift certificates may apply. The gift certificates are redeemable only online at Shop.NHL.com or Shop.Canada.NHL.com, as applicable. The gift certificate may not be returned, redeemed for cash or used as payment on or credit to any credit card accounts. Not good on prior purchases. No credit or cash given for unused portion. The gift certificate will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Winner will be subject to all terms and rules of the gift certificate as stated on the gift certificate. In no event will the prize value exceed the stated value. In the event the winner purchases more than the stated value worth of merchandise from Shop.NHL.com or Shop.Canada.NHL.com, as applicable, the winner will be solely responsible for payment of those costs.
All details and other restrictions of prizes not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and must be accepted as awarded. Any portion of any prize not accepted or unclaimed and/or unused by the winner will be forfeited and will not be substituted. No cash (except in the case of the Grand Prize) or other substitutions may be made, except by Sponsor who reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with another prize (or portion thereof) of equal or greater value whether due to the unavailability of a prize or prize component, or for any other reason. Each winner is solely responsible for any and all applicable federal, state, provincial, local and/or any other applicable taxes and/or other costs and expenses associated with accepting, redeeming and/or using a prize which are not specifically mentioned herein. Without limitation, except where legally prohibited, acceptance of a prize constitutes a winner’s consent for Sponsor to use the winner’s first name and address (city & state/province) for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity relating to the Promotion only, without additional compensation.
9. RELEASE. By participating in the Promotion, all Entrants, including, without limitation, the potential winners, agree to forever and irrevocably release, indemnify and hold harmless each of the Promotion Entities (including Sports Technologies LLC, the Sponsor (i.e., NHL Enterprises, L.P.), National Hockey League, its Member Clubs, NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P., NHL Enterprises B.V., and NHL Interactive CyberEnterprises, LLC) and each of their respective officers, directors, governors, partners, partnerships, principals, employees, volunteers, representatives, agents, affiliates, related entities, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”), from any and all liability, damages, property damage, injuries, death, claims, causes of action, cost or expense (including attorneys’ fees), or losses of any kind arising from, in connection with or resulting from the Promotion and/or any element thereof, participation, entry or inability to participate in the Promotion, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or any part thereof, and/or the violation of any privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary right.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion (with the consent of the Régie, as required under the Rules and Regulations of the Régie), if intervening circumstances warrant, within Sponsor’s sole discretion, due to any fraud, virus or other technical problem which corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Promotion, or for any other reason. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award a prize from among the eligible Entries received up to the time of the termination, cancellation, suspension and/or modification. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of dispute as to the owner of an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address from which the Entry is made. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide the Sponsor or its designees with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved, the Entry will be deemed ineligible, and an alternate potential winner may be selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Promotion Entities make no warranties, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, such prize is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, and Promotion Entities hereby disclaim all such warranties, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purposes and/or non-infringement.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Promotion Entities are not responsible or liable for Entries that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device), in excess of the stated entry limit, or for Entries that are illegible, late, forged, destroyed, lost, misplaced, stolen, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled, altered or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of Entries in the Promotion, or for failure to receive Entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind and such Entries will be disqualified. By entering the Promotion, each Entrant agrees and acknowledges to be bound by the Official Rules, as well as the decisions of the Sponsor which are final and binding in all respects; to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with the Promotion or these Official Rules and that the Indemnified Parties shall have no responsibility or liability (including, but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) in connection with: participation in the Promotion (including, changes in an Entrant’s Entry information which affects the ability to contact such Entrant); typographical errors in Promotion promotional material; acceptance/possession, defects in, use, misuse or inability to use a prize; cancellations and/or delays or any change by any company or any other persons providing any of components of the prize due to reasons beyond the control of any of the Indemnified Parties; any interruptions/postponement/cancellation of Promotion; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Entry Information; any technical malfunctions of the computer on-line system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or internet service provider utilized by any of the Indemnified Parties or by Entrant; interruption or inability to access the Promotion, any Promotion-related Web pages, or any on-line service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to Entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Promotion; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects; and/or any other errors or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of any one or more of the Indemnified Parties. Each Entrant further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless each of the Indemnified Parties from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Promotion and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against any of the Indemnified Parties. Each prize winner releases each of the Indemnified Parties from any and all liability/responsibility with respect to the prize (and any element thereof) and/or the Promotion (including any property loss, damage, personal injury, or death) and hereby acknowledge that said Indemnified Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any of the prizes (or any components thereof). Indemnified Parties shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense (including attorneys’ fees), accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (1) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Indemnified Parties, or any of their agents, servants, employees or independent contractors, (2) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of any of the Indemnified Parties, or (3) by any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of any of the Indemnified Parties.
13. DISPUTES. With regard to United States (including District of Columbia) Entrants, any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, U.S.A. or the appropriate New York State Court located in New York County, New York, U.S.A. and all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York, U.S.A. or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York, U.S.A. With regard to Canadian Entrants, any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved exclusively by the courts of the Province of Ontario and all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada and the laws of Canada applicable therein without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Province of Ontario or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Province of Ontario; provided, however, that the jurisdiction of the Régie shall apply in relation to a Québec resident with respect to any matter within the jurisdiction of the Régie. Applicable to all Entrants: Except where prohibited by law, Entrants agree that: (i) any and all such disputes, claims and causes of action shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees, (iii) under no circumstances will Entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental, consequential and/or any other damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, (iv) they waive any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased, (v) they irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of the aforesaid courts, as applicable to such entrant, and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction that they may have, (vi) if any provision of these Official Rules is declared invalid or unenforceable, such provision will be deemed modified to the extent necessary and possible to render it valid and enforceable, that in any event, the unenforceability or invalidity of any provision will not affect any other provision of these Official Rules, and these Official Rules will continue in full force and effect, and be construed and enforced, as if such provision had not been included, or had been modified as described above, as the case may bee.
14. WINNERS LIST AND OFFICIAL RULES. For a copy of the Official Rules or Winners’ List, send the request and a self addressed stamped envelope postmarked prior to August 1, 2014, to STANLEY CUP PLAYOFF CHALLENGE (please specify Winners’ List or Official Rules) c/o NHL Interactive CyberEnterprises, LLC, 1185 Avenue of the Americas, New York, New York, 10036. The Official Rules will also be available on the Promotion Website during the Promotion Period.
|NHL and the NHL Shield are registered trademarks and the NHL Awards name and logo are trademarks of the National Hockey League. © NHL 2014. All Rights Reserved.|
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Open to legal residents of the United States (incl. DC) & Canada who have reached age of majority at the time of entry. Promotion begins immediately after all 16 playoff spots for the 2014 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs (the “Playoffs”) have been determined and all seedings have been established but in any event not later than April 14, 2014 at 2:00am ET and ends at the conclusion of the Playoffs. Prizing: 1 Grand Prize Can-Am Spyder or $15,000 USD cash (ARV: $15,000 USD); 1 Second Place Prize consisting of 2 tickets to a 2015 Stanley Cup Final game and a $2,000 USD travel stipend (ARV: $3,000 USD); and 1 Third Place Prize $250 gift card to Shop.NHL.com or Shop.Canada.NHL.com (ARV: $250 USD/CAN, as applicable). If winner is a Canadian resident, a skill-testing question must be correctly answered to win. Sponsor: NHL Interactive CyberEnterprises, LLC. For full official rules, click here.
International residents outside the United States and Canada may participate but are not eligible to win any prizing.